Back Country Bliss Adventures – Daintree Adventure Day
From $165 adult
Find out what makes Cape Tribulation so special and discover for yourself the amazing creatures inhabit the rainforest.
On the way to Cape Tribulation we explore lookouts, boardwalks and fly high through the rainforest canopy with Jungle Surfing and a 7am start means you get to experience the Daintree Rainforest as nature intended with almost no one else about.
Crossing the Daintree Ferry we enter deep into the heart of the Daintree Rainforest where sightings of cassowary, forest dragons and buff breasted paradise kingfishers can be found in the wild.
First stop is the view over the Coral Sea from the fabulous Alexandra Range Lookout before exploring various rainforest boardwalks and beaches including Cape Tribulation.
Then, its time to begin a unique Jungle Surfing experience through the canopy of this remnant rainforest, zipping along above the forest floor on a fully-guided ziplining tour between six tree canopy platforms.
For those not Jungle Surfing, you get to spend two hours exploring the beaches and waterholes of Cape Tribulation.
Enjoy lunch at Heritage Lodge restaurant with the choice of grilled barramundi (fish), steak or vegetarian option before heading to Floravilla for a refreshing Bio-Dynamic fruit ice-cream.
Make your way back to the Daintree River for a wildlife spotting cruise on the lookout for crocs, snakes and eagles while learning more about about this amazing part of Australia.
Finally, if conditions allow, enjoy a stop to the upper Mossman River for a cooling dip in the healing waters. Our magical location is well away from croc habitat so relax and enjoy a dip in the best water in the world.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 11am the day prior to tour.
- Pick up and drop off at Port Douglas accommodation. Transfers arranged upon request for all other locations.
- 7am pickup in Port Douglas, returning approximately 5.30pm.
- Tour operates Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays.
- Minimum tour size three guests, maximum 11 guests.
- On-board library, BPA-free water bottles, delicious lunch and yummy snacks included.
- 120kg maximum weight restrictions apply for Jungle Surfing.
- Jungle Surfing only available for guests aged three years and above.
- Closed shoes required.
What To Bring
- Shoes suitable for walking short distances on uneven terrain
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Personal medications
Back Country Bliss Adventures is a family run business, specialising in small group adventures. We offer a range of activities to suit all travellers.
Imagine drifting down a crystal-clear rainforest river, searching for the elusive platypus, turtles or river fish below, while electric blue Butterflies flutter above.
Join a Daintree Adventure Day through the oldest Rainforest in the world, as we search for Cassowaries, fly through the canopy with Jungle Surfing and look for crocodiles on a Daintree River wildlife cruise.
Let us help you experience the hidden wonders of Tropical North Queensland.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation Policy – a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for a full refund or 100 per cent cancellation fee applies. No Shows are subject to a 100 per cent cancellation.
- Dates can be changed with 24 hours notice only if there is availability on your next preferred date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour should we find it unsafe to travel on the day or if the rivers/creeks are in flood or if the Daintree Ferry is not operating due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should we find that road conditions are unsafe.
- Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may on occasions not be available owing to excessive seasonal rain.