Back Country Bliss Adventures – Mossman Gorge Walk
Hear the story of this ancient rainforest as you learn about the plants and animals that inhabit it.
The rainforest at Mossman Gorge is incredibly interesting and beautiful.
Discover the strange, ancient and curious plants found at Mossman Gorge as well as rare birds and wildlife with one of our friendly and entertaining local guides on a stimulating adventure in the jungle.
The 1.5 hour walk through Mossman Gorge is an easy-paced 2km tour through breathtaking rainforest where huge buttressed trees provide brilliant photo opportunities.
Listen as your guide explains some of the forest secrets or ask your own questions before enjoying an optional refreshing swim in the Mossman River.
This tour is a very special opportunity to explore the Daintree Rainforest.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Pick up and drop off at Port Douglas accommodation. Transfers arranged upon request for all other locations.
- 8am pickup in Port Douglas, returning approximately 11.30am.
- Tour operates Monday to Saturday.
- Minimum tour size two guests, maximum 11 guests.
- Low/medium fitness level required. Guests must be able to step in and out of the vehicle and walk over uneven surfaces.
- Snacks, water and first aid kit included.
What To Bring
- Comfortable seasonal clothing
- Hiking or walking boots/shoes
Back Country Bliss Adventures is a family run business, specialising in small group adventures. We offer a range of activities to suit all travellers.
Imagine drifting down a crystal-clear rainforest river, searching for the elusive platypus, turtles or river fish below, while electric blue Butterflies flutter above.
Join a Daintree Adventure Day through the oldest rainforest in the world, as we search for Cassowaries, fly through the canopy with Jungle Surfing and look for crocodiles on a Daintree River wildlife cruise.
Let us help you experience the hidden wonders of Tropical North Queensland.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation Policy – a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for a full refund or 100 per cent cancellation fee applies. No Shows are subject to a 100 per cent cancellation.
- Dates can be changed with 24 hours notice only if there is availability on your next preferred date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour should we find it unsafe to travel on the day or if the rivers/creeks are in flood or if the Daintree Ferry is not operating due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should we find that road conditions are unsafe.
- Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may on occasions not be available owing to excessive seasonal rain.