Back Country Bliss Adventures – Spring Creek Bush Walk
If your idea of a good adventure is rock-hopping up a creek in a secluded valley, then this is for you.
Tucked away in a hidden valley, Spring Creek Port Douglas is a secluded area full of picturesque creeks and waterfalls.
This three-hour, 3km return walk is great for those adventurous travellers.
With no set paths, you’ll need to be steady on your feet as we rock hop along the sides of Spring Creek.
A narrow valley leads us up along Spring Creek to reach the magnificent Spring Creek Falls.
There are plenty of opportunities to go for a swim in the many rock pools that are found along the creek.
A variety of environments along the way give you the chance to experience the diversity of wildlife unique to the wet tropics.
A medium level of fitness is useful as you will need to climb over some boulders along the way.
Sturdy hiking shoes with good tread are highly recommended as some of the rocks may be slippery.
Enjoy a challenging yet rewarding walk away from the crowds and a favourite with the locals.
Need To Know
- Bookings required at least 48 hours prior to tour.
- Pick up and drop off at Port Douglas accommodation. Transfers arranged upon request for all other locations.
- 8am pickup in Port Douglas, returning approximately 12pm.
- Tour operates Monday to Saturday.
- Minimum three guests, maximum 11.
- Comfortable backpack, BPA-free water bottles, delicious lunch and yummy snacks included.
- Moderate fitness levels required.
What To Bring
- Shoes suitable for walking short distances on uneven terrain
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Personal medications
Back Country Bliss Adventures is a family run business, specialising in small group adventures. We offer a range of activities to suit all travellers.
Imagine drifting down a crystal-clear rainforest river, searching for the elusive platypus, turtles or river fish below, while electric blue butterflies flutter above.
Join a Daintree Adventure Day through the oldest rainforest in the world, as we search for Cassowaries, fly through the canopy with Jungle Surfing and look for crocodiles on a Daintree River wildlife cruise.
Let us help you experience the hidden wonders of Tropical North Queensland.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation Policy – a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for a full refund or 100 per cent cancellation fee applies. No Shows are subject to a 100 per cent cancellation.
- Dates can be changed with 24 hours notice only if there is availability on your next preferred date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour should we find it unsafe to travel on the day or if the rivers/creeks are in flood or if the Daintree Ferry is not operating due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should we find that road conditions are unsafe.
- Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may on occasions not be available owing to excessive seasonal rain.