Bike ‘n’ Hike Adventure Tours – Night Ride
Get the adrenaline pumping with downhill mountain biking at night on the Bump Track.
See the rainforest come to life at your hurtle down the famous Bump Track at night when the nocturnal critters come out to play.
Picking you up from your Port Douglas accommodation around 5.30pm, Bike ‘n’ Hike Adventure Tours will drive up the Julatten Range and Black Mountain Road, viewing the nightly wildlife before pulling up to our secluded drop zone.
We start with a 45-minute ride through the undulating remote area of Julatten cattle properties, before entering the famous Bump Track, where we descend the single trail into the darkened rainforest below.
The first section is an easy single track/cross country trail right through to Robbins Creek where we stop for a breather and to take in the stunning scenery of the Ghost Gum trees surrounding the creek while looking for wildlife.
The only real climb of the evening is out of Robbins Creek heading towards the landing.
The real fun starts now as we descend down the fantastic downhill section of the ride including Slatey’s pinch.
Reaching the bottom of the trail we will stop to appreciate the tranquil surrounds and brag about how you survived the infamous Bump Track at night.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Tours do not operate on Sundays.
- Minimum numbers required for tour to depart. Please be aware some flexibility with dates may be required at times.
- Minimum age of 14 years.
- Pick-up from Port Douglas accommodation approximately 5.30pm, return around 8pm.
- Top quality full suspension Giant Off Road bikes.
- Moon 1000 Lumen LED lights.
What To Bring
- Small bottle of water
- Light jumper
- Closed in shoes
- Large smile
- Bravery pills
- Huge sense of adventure
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum total numbers apply for this trip.
- Bike ‘n’ Hike Adventure Tours reserves the right to postpone or cancel due to weather, mechanical problems or any other unforeseen circumstances.