Daintree Wonder Tours – Daintree & Cape Tribulation
Spectacular scenery, amazing sights and sounds to delight filled with lots of facts and humorous anecdotes.
Get up close to rainforest animals and experience the best of the Daintree National Park with Wet Tropics Certified guides.
Our highly trained, local staff will guide you through this ancient landscape pointing out fascinating plants and animals and sharing jokes, anecdotes and hidden secrets.
Standout features of the day include:
- A sumptuous restaurant lunch in a beautiful rainforest setting (where you are welcome to order a beer/wine with your meal);
- Swim in a crystal clear freshwater stream while looking for turtles and fish;
- Early morning visit to the majestic Mossman Gorge;
- 1 hour crocodile/wildlife cruise on the Daintree River
- Taking in the beauty of Cape Tribulation Beach and Kulki Lookout;
- Learn about the prehistoric world that is Noah Valley;
- Interactive boardwalk tour – you will not believe what our guides find that the untrained eye would have missed including rainforest animals;
- Sampling 4 unique homemade tropical fruit ice creams from the Daintree Ice Cream Company
- Guest numbers are capped at 11 so your experience in the Daintree Rainforest doesn’t involve crowds.
Our guides possess an extraordinary knowledge and appreciation for the cultural, historical and biological significance of the area which they are passionate about sharing.
We strive to create a fun and interactive day for the whole family and leave you with a meaningful and memorable experience of the Daintree.
As an added bonus, your support directly benefits the local environment as a portion of our profits go towards the rescue and rehabilitation of injured/orphaned native rainforest animals as well as the revegetation of areas in the Daintree.
Need To Know
- Bookings must be made before 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Pick-up from Port Douglas accommodation at 7.15am and return to Port Douglas approximately 5pm.
- Tours are not suitable for children under the age of four unless on a private charter.
- Daintree Wonder Tours provide mozzie spray and umbrellas for your comfort.
- Mobile phones do not work in most areas north of the Daintree River due to no reception. Switch off, enjoy it.
What To Bring
* Swimming on occasions may not be available.
Dave Mainwaring is a naturalist guide who was raised in the sugar towns of Queensland and has spent much of the last decade exploring the Daintree National Park.
His partner Jenna is a zoologist with experience both in terrestrial and marine environments who was born and bred at the foothills of the Mossman Gorge and has a strong connection to the natural world.
The couple strongly believes in sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm with others and strives to provide each guest with the ultimate rainforest experience.
Terms & Conditions
- The tour itinerary may be changed or cancelled subject to road and weather conditions.
- No minimum guest number required (we don’t cancel if numbers are low!)
- 50% cancellation fee within 18 hours of departure
- 100% cancellation fee within 12 hours of departure
- Sole Charter – minimum of 24 hours notice prior to departure for refund
- The tour operator is not responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings.