Dragon Adventures – Bloomfield Track Adventure
$980 per vehicle (up to 4 passengers each vehicle)
Visit some of the most pristine uninhabited beaches where the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest meet.
This 4WD Adventure along the Bloomfield Track offers a unique experience to explore the Daintree Rainforest’s incredible beauty on the edge of the Coral Sea.
We first head to the Daintree River ferry crossing before continuing on to Cape Kimberly beach where you will have an opportunity to explore this beautiful piece of paradise whilst looking out onto the Low Isles and Snapper Island, part of the Great Barrier Reef.
You will then head to Alexandra Lookout for some breathtaking views of the Daintree River, Coral Sea and surrounding islands.
We then travel further north to Cape Tribulation National Park.
Here you have the time to go exploring in the Daintree Rainforest or if you prefer, take a leisurely stroll on Emmagen Beach.
From this point we are on the Bloomfield Track (off-road), which includes numerous creek crossings, steep inclines and rugged terrain.
This experience will ensure that you really are on an adventure of a lifetime.
Once we arrive at Bloomfield Falls you will have the opportunity to take in the natural beauty and soak up the atmosphere of this amazing and unique location.
We stop at this location for lunch and light refreshments before making our way back along the Track visiting Cowie Beach, Cape Tribulation Beach National Park and Kulki walking track and lookout.
Need To Know
- Bookings required at least seven days prior to tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Tour departs Port Douglas approximately 7am and returns around 6pm.
- Drinking water available at all times.
- Tea/coffee provided.
- You will be travelling in convoy with two Toyota FJ Cruiser wagons (four persons per car), fully equipped with radios, satellite navigation, satellite phone, EPIRB (rescue beacon), self- recovery winch and equipment driven by very experienced drivers who are trained in 4×4 driving and recovery and first aid.
- Mobile phone service limited.
- Avoid white-coloured clothing as dust stains may occur.
What To Bring
- Comfortable, closed footwear for hiking and walking
- Swimwear with towel
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cash for souvenirs
Your adventurous guides Wayne and Taff have driven 4×4 vehicles in Australia, Africa, Scandinavia, Europe and The Middle East.
Other wild credits include sailing across the Pacific, mountaineering, rock-climbing, camping, diving and fishing on most continents.
They are fully trained in advanced 4×4 skills, defensive driving, navigational techniques and have current first aid qualifications.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations for Bloomfield Track tours within 60 days of tour will incur a $100 administration fee.
- Cancellations for Bloomfield Track tours within 50 days of tour will incur a 25 per cent cancellation fee.
- No refunds for cancellations within 45 days of tour unless tour cannot operate due to Bloomfield Track closure.
- Dragon Adventures and or any of its employees accepts no responsibility, or is liable for any act of omission whatsoever, including inside or outside their control for any booking, contract, travel, accommodation or tour which may result in any loss, damage, accident, detention, diversion or theft in regard to personal belongings and or luggage and will be exempt from liability in respect of indirect and direct or consequential loss or damage, death, injury, sickness, irregularity, delay and additional expenses or inconvenience or any other event beyond its control including accident or failure to machinery, equipment, accommodation, transport or any other services, any acts of God, dangers, and incidents to the sea or fire, any acts of government or other authorities, delays, strikes, cancellations or changes in the tour itinerary or schedules whatsoever, howsoever by whosoever caused.
- Dragon Adventure tours or any of its agents or associates are not responsible or liable for loss or damage or theft of luggage, personal belongings whatsoever. We are also not responsible or liable for personal injury, accidents, hospitalization, illness or medical expenses.
- Dragon Adventures reserve the right to alter, and or cancel any section and or parts of the itinerary which may result from bad road conditions or inclement weather conditions or any other condition which will put any of the tour party in any potential or eminent danger. Whilst we will endeavour to keep arrival and departure times given in the itinerary no guarantee will be made that these will be kept.
- Dragon Adventures will not be liable for any costs incurred through failure to connect with any other service, also any personal expenses incurred by the passenger as a result of any delay, alteration or curtailment of the tour or any or part of the tour caused by inclement weather conditions, bad road conditions, mechanical defects or any other causes.
- Dragon Adventures shall not in any circumstances be held liable or accept any responsibility for any of the following: any loss, acts, omissions, defaults, accidents, deception, delay, failure or expense on the part of the transport company (Airline).
- If or when any unforeseen circumstance or breakdown should occur Dragon Adventures has the right to change / substitute any of the vehicles to alternative transportation and or accommodation other than those listed in the itinerary at any time.
- The itineraries, excursions and any highlights set out in the tour will be adhered to as reasonably and safely as possible. Dragon Adventures may alter the itineraries and excursions as they deem fit.
- Any information contained here is correct to the best of Dragon Adventures knowledge and Dragon Adventures is not liable for any inaccuracies herein or any weather or road conditions that may influence the tour in any way. If for any reason Dragon Adventures change / alter or is different form the itinerary offered no refund is payable.
- Dragon Adventures reserves the right to, without payment or compensation before the start of the tour or after commencing the tour to exclude any persons that may appear or look likely to endanger the health and safety or impair the comfort of any of the passengers. Any persons on the tour who commits any illegal act will be asked to leave the tour immediately.