Dragon Adventures – Daintree Rainforest CREB Track Adventure
$980 per vehicle (up to 4 passengers each vehicle)
Embark on a journey into the Daintree Rainforest that not many visitors get to see traversing one of Australia’s most spectacular off-road tracks.
The CREB Track is regarded as one of the most spectacular off-road experiences in Australia.
The incredible beauty of the McDowall Range and Daintree Rainforest is a vision to behold.
We depart Port Douglas at 7am and head to the Daintree Village where we will stop for a short break to enjoy a refreshing cup of tea or coffee locally grown in the region.
The off-road adventure takes us into the first water crossing at the Daintree River.
It’s at this point where we commence the climb into the McDowell Range.
The track becomes incredibly steep with ascending peaks leading into big descents and river crossings.
The rugged terrain ensures that you really are on an adventure of a lifetime.
On this section of the route we can stop off for an optional swim in one of the numerous creeks, before we make our way to the peak of Roaring Meg Falls which is located near the top of the CREB Track.
Lunch will be prepared and served at this location.
Roaring Meg Falls is a major cultural site for the custodians of the land, the Kuku Yalanji people.
This is a women’s place and menfolk are requested to stay away from the immediate vicinity of the main falls.
The swimming area is an exemption with both sexes allowed to take a dip.
We have purposefully not shown any photos of Roaring Meg Falls because it is a sacred site but believe us when we say it is spectacular.
We will be stopping at numerous spectacular sites on the tour, where photo opportunities of the natural wildlife, fauna and flora of the region are in abundance.
Need To Know
- Bookings required at least seven days prior to tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Tour is seasonal due to the CREB Track being impassable as a result of high river crossings and slippery conditions. The Track can be open from May-November.
- Tour departs Port Douglas approximately 7am and returns around 5pm.
- Drinking water available at all times.
- Tea/coffee provided.
- You will be travelling in convoy with two Toyota FJ Cruiser wagons (four persons per car), fully equipped with radios, satellite navigation, satellite phone, EPIRB (rescue beacon), self- recovery winch and equipment driven by very experienced drivers who are trained in 4×4 driving and recovery and first aid.
- Mobile phone service limited.
- Avoid white-coloured clothing as dust stains may occur.
What To Bring
- Comfortable, closed footwear for hiking and walking
- Swimwear with towel
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cash for souvenirs
Your adventurous guides Wayne and Taff have driven 4×4 vehicles in Australia, Africa, Scandinavia, Europe and The Middle East.
Other wild credits include sailing across the Pacific, mountaineering, rock-climbing, camping, diving and fishing on most continents.
They are fully trained in advanced 4×4 skills, defensive driving, navigational techniques and have current first aid qualifications.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations within 60 days of CREB Track tour will incur a $100 administration fee.
- Cancellations within 50 days of CREB Track tour will incur a 25 per cent cancellation fee.
- No refunds for cancellations within 45 days of CREB Track tour unless tour cannot operate due to CREB Track closure.
- Dragon Adventures and or any of its employees accepts no responsibility, or is liable for any act of omission whatsoever, including inside or outside their control for any booking, contract, travel, accommodation or tour which may result in any loss, damage, accident, detention, diversion or theft in regard to personal belongings and or luggage and will be exempt from liability in respect of indirect and direct or consequential loss or damage, death, injury, sickness, irregularity, delay and additional expenses or inconvenience or any other event beyond its control including accident or failure to machinery, equipment, accommodation, transport or any other services, any acts of God, dangers, and incidents to the sea or fire, any acts of government or other authorities, delays, strikes, cancellations or changes in the tour itinerary or schedules whatsoever, howsoever by whosoever caused.
- Dragon Adventure tours or any of its agents or associates are not responsible or liable for loss or damage or theft of luggage, personal belongings whatsoever. We are also not responsible or liable for personal injury, accidents, hospitalization, illness or medical expenses.
- Dragon Adventures reserve the right to alter, and or cancel any section and or parts of the itinerary which may result from bad road conditions or inclement weather conditions or any other condition which will put any of the tour party in any potential or eminent danger. Whilst we will endeavour to keep arrival and departure times given in the itinerary no guarantee will be made that these will be kept.
- Dragon Adventures will not be liable for any costs incurred through failure to connect with any other service, also any personal expenses incurred by the passenger as a result of any delay, alteration or curtailment of the tour or any or part of the tour caused by inclement weather conditions, bad road conditions, mechanical defects or any other causes.
- Dragon Adventures shall not in any circumstances be held liable or accept any responsibility for any of the following: any loss, acts, omissions, defaults, accidents, deception, delay, failure or expense on the part of the transport company (Airline).
- If or when any unforeseen circumstance or breakdown should occur Dragon Adventures has the right to change / substitute any of the vehicles to alternative transportation and or accommodation other than those listed in the itinerary at any time.
- The itineraries, excursions and any highlights set out in the tour will be adhered to as reasonably and safely as possible. Dragon Adventures may alter the itineraries and excursions as they deem fit.
- Any information contained here is correct to the best of Dragon Adventures knowledge and Dragon Adventures is not liable for any inaccuracies herein or any weather or road conditions that may influence the tour in any way. If for any reason Dragon Adventures change / alter or is different form the itinerary offered no refund is payable.
- Dragon Adventures reserves the right to, without payment or compensation before the start of the tour or after commencing the tour to exclude any persons that may appear or look likely to endanger the health and safety or impair the comfort of any of the passengers. Any persons on the tour who commits any illegal act will be asked to leave the tour immediately.