GBR Helicopters – Sandy Cay Reef Heli & Snorkel
Explore the magnificent Great Barrier Reef from the air before seeing it up close snorkelling on a remote sand cay.
Relax on the squeaky white sand and swim in the clear blue waters before the tide rises to wash away your footprints.
Spend more than one hour on the majestic sand cay free to snorkel with the spectacular array of sea creatures and coral.
Includes gourmet catering and optional chilled sparkling wine with the most incredible reef views to cap off a remarkable experience.
Need To Know
- Booking enquiries need to be made 24 hours before tour departure.
- The preferred date/time of booking enquiry is subject to GBR Helicopters availability.
- Pick-Up/Drop-Off available for Port Douglas accommodation.
- Flights depart from adjacent to Sheraton Mirage Country Club on Port Douglas Rd.
- Minimum two passengers required.
- Tour duration approximately two hours.
- Sun shelter, picnic blanket and beach chairs provided.
- Valid 1st April till 31st August – Restricted Season due to bird breeding.
What To Bring
- A smile!
We’ve established ourselves as the leading heli-tourism company in the region by delivering an exceptional experience to everyone who chooses to discover this amazing region with us for more than 20 years.
Beyond tourism and leisure activities, we operate a dedicated Flight Training Centre based in Mareeba, where there’s 300 perfect flying days every year.
Our film and television work has been seen by millions of viewers, with a list of high profile productions that would make an impressive movie credit list in it’s own right.
We’ve gathered a talented and dedicated team that bring years of experience to the company and most importantly to our customers and clients alike.
When we say ‘above and beyond’ we really do mean it. So, whether you want to immerse yourself in the Great Barrier Reef, explore our ancient rainforests – grab the perfect piece of footage or need to sling half a tonne of equipment into place – GBR Helicopters has it covered.
Terms & Conditions
- Undine Sand Cay & Vlasoff Sand Cay are public cays which cannot be reserved as such. If it is already occupied on the day of travel, either by another aviation operator or passengers from a vessel, due to safety regulations we are not permitted to land. Our alternative beach landing site in Port Douglas is Castaways Beach and in Cairns is Turtle Beach. Both are idyllic beaches backed by rainforest, but without reef (& therefore not a snorkelling spot). Please be advised no refund will be issued if the sites are occupied. We prefer to offer early morning departures (around 7:30am) as this decreases the chance of the cay already being occupied. Weekends, Public and School Holidays increase the chance of others occupying the cay & are recommended avoiding if possible.
- We require sea tides to be below 2.1m in order to land on the sandy cay.
Passenger Weight Policy
Due to Aviation Weight Restrictions a client’s body and luggage weight must be advised prior to the reservation being confirmed. Should a client advise a weight variance of more than 10%, the right is reserved to refuse travel and charge a 100% cancellation fee.
Cancellations by the client must be made 24 hours prior to the flight to receive a 100% refund. If GBR Helicopters has to cancel due to unforseen circumstances the client will receive a 100% refund for the cancelled flights.
Passenger names, accurate individual bodyweights and other requests are required at the time of booking.
GBR Helicopters reserves the right to cancel flights due to inclement weather which will be at the pilot’s discretion. Flight paths may vary due to Air Traffic Control or inclement weather. A full refund is applicable if GBR Helicopters cancel due to weather.
GBR Helicopters reserves the right to cancel flights due to inclement weather, the pilot makes the final decision regarding the continuation of any flight and may terminate the flight at any time if he/she deems it unsafe to proceed. Flight paths may vary due to Air Traffic Control or inclement weather. In cases where the chief pilot in command deems weather unsuitable for the flight or an aircraft is unserviceable a full refund would be applicable.
Child and Infant Policy
Children are defined as being aged between 3-13 years. One (1) infant under their 3rd birthday may travel free of charge if seated on a guardian’s lap. A maximum of one infant per helicopter may travel as per CASA regulations. For additional infants please email a detailed enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to the ticket price. In such cases any charge will be collected on departure.