Hartley’s Creek Trail Bike Adventures – 1-Day Trail Ride
Get off the beaten track and explore the rainforest trails for an amazing off-road adventure.
Get off the beaten track with hugely experienced local guide Jesse Hollands as he takes you on an off-road adventure through his spectacular “backyard”.
Enjoy the thrill of carving a trail through the rainforest on challenging tracks and experience the benefits of Jesse’s 15 years experience taking trail bike enthusiasts on the ride of their lives in Far North Queensland.
Need To Know
- Tour leaves at 8.30am and returns around 4pm. Direction providing on booking confirmation.
- All riders must be able to operate a motorbike and have a current motorbike licence or learners licence.
- All gear and equipment is provided.
- Riders use a 2012 Husaberg 570cc or a selection of fun two-strokes.
- Comprehensive insurance, travel, medical and accident insurance not included.
What To Bring
- Take a spare pair of clothes in a backpack. You may want to bring a bum-bag for your camera to make it easily accessible.
- Cash for lunch.
Terms & Conditions
- Tour must be paid for in advance.
- If a participant fails to join a tour or leaves prior to completion, no refunds can be made. No refunds will be made in respect of any part of the tour that are not used or undertaken.
- In the event of mechanical breakdown not caused by rider negligence, Hartley’s Creek Trail Bike Adventures will make every effort to provide repair or a replacement motorcycle to get you moving again to continue your tour.
- By booking a guided tour you agree that you are participating entirely at your own risk and that you, your successors, executors and administrators will release, indemnify and not instigate any claim, demand or expense against Jesse Hollands or Adventures Port Douglas for any personal injury, loss of life or damage to personal property suffered during or subsequent to events on the tour.
- The participant must acknowledge that any road whether sealed or unsealed, or any other venue upon which you travel, may have muddy, sandy or rocky surfaces with defects either hidden or exposed as is the nature of some roads.
- You must agree to obey and observe all rules and directions given during a tour, whether given in writing or verbally by Jesse Hollands and Jesse Hollands has the right to exclude you from any tour for non-adherence to any rule or direction given.
- You must accept that you are permitted to take part in a tour on condition that you ride safely with due care and regard for other people and property.
- You must acknowledge that motorcycle riding, can be dangerous and that participation in a tour organised and promoted by Jesse Hollands & Adventures Port Douglas may expose you to the possibility of injury or death and further, you must acknowledge that the way other people may ride, drive or act is outside the control of Jesse Hollands & Adventures Port Douglas.
- You must acknowledge that there may be no, or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of participants if participants are injured.
- You agree that you understand that travel insurance to cover all forms of personal injury, repatriation or costs in the event of death is essential and it is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate cover.
- You agree to wear appropriate motorcycle safety equipment at all times and that you are medically fit to undertake a motorcycle tour.
- You must agree that you have read and understand the summary indemnity release, full version signed upon morning of departure of tour, and agree that participation in a guided tour is entirely at your own risk.
- The renter of the hire motorcycle is liable for ALL damages to the bike.
- We require a Damage Security deposit of $1000 bond to be made before departure and you must have a current motorcycle licence.
- This money is refundable upon the safe return of your hire motorcycle provided no major damage caused by theft, accident or negligence has occurred to the motorcycle.
- If damage and repair costs amount to less than your deposit then the difference between the repairs cost and the deposit will be refunded.
- If the damages are over the $1000, then you will be liable to pay the additional costs.
- Repair costs also include the transportation and handling costs, if any, of an accident-damaged motorcycle to the final destination of the motorcycle tour.
- The Damage Security Deposit is processed on your credit card, Visa/Mastercard only, upon commencement of the tour.
- Before every tour begins, your motorcycle tour leader Jesse Hollands will give each participant a briefing about local speed limits, signage, and other applicable traffic regulations.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to adhere to all traffic regulations. All local road rules must be complied with.
- Participants must hold a valid motorcycle licence.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Participants must be aware of traffic, road conditions, weather and other motorcyclists.
- Participants understand that motorcycling is a dangerous activity and are aware of these risks and fully accepts these risks, and are solely responsible for for keeping their motorcycle under control, selecting proper speeds and adhering to state laws.
- Participants are solely responsible for their choice of riding style and speed selection even when following a motorcycle tour guide in convoy formation with other motorcyclists.
- Participants ride at his/her own risk and are legally liable for injury or damage to fellow participants or other road users, whether being lead by the motorcycle leader or otherwise.
- Participants must follow the directions of the motorcycle leader at all times.
- The motorcycle tour leader reserves the right to terminate a rider’s motorcycle tour if he considers the rider is unsafe either to himself/herself or to others, or for offensive behaviour, and thereby forfeiting the balance of the motorcycle tour.
- Adventures Port Douglas recommends all participants take out travel insurance which offers cover while motorcycling off-road. Adventures Port Douglas, its Agents, Assigns and Contractors accept no responsibility for a customer’s failure to arrange appropriate cover.
- Adventures Port Douglas, its Agents, Assigns and Contractors accept no responsibility for and shall not be liable in respect of any loss, damage, alerations, delays or changes arising from circumstance outside its or its Contractors’ control, such as, but not solely, war or threat of war, riot, industrial dispute, civil strife, fire, adverse weather conditions, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disaster, technical transport problems, computer malfunction, cancellation of scheduled or charter airlines, closure or congestion of airports or ports, or financial failure of Contractors or departments.
- Adventures Port Douglas & Daintree Terms & Conditions