North Queensland Trail Bike Adventures – 2-Day CREB Track Trail Ride
Considered a trail bike riders’ “nirvana” with steep hill climbs and descents, awesome creek crossings and stunning rainforest and coastal views.
The CREB Track is regarded as one of the most beautiful and challenging trail rides in North Queensland for good reason.
Hit the trails of Black Mountain through to Mt Molloy weaving through tropical lush tall timbers, tight trails and open grass lands and gentle creek crossings.
Enjoy lunch by the beautiful clear pristine Mossman River then blast along the coast to the pretty Daintree Village where you cross the mighty Daintree River to enter the deep green lush Daintree World Heritage rainforest, the second largest rainforest system in the world.
Then it’s onto the famous CREB Track for an unforgettable, spectacular and demanding ride to Wujal Wujal.
The CREB Track was originally intended as a service track for the Cairns Regional Electricity Board (CREB) power line and is considered a trail bike riders’ “nirvana” with steep hill climbs and descents, awesome creek crossings and stunning views.
Join the Bloomfield Track for the final blast to the Iconic Lion’s Den Hotel for an overnight stay, visiting several fantastic lookouts along the way including Roaring Meg Falls and Bloomfield Falls.
Cold beer, hot showers and a friendly atmosphere provide an awesome welcome at the Lion’s Den.
Need To Know
- Tour includes qualified guides, motorcycles, riding gear, fuel, meals, permits and accommodation.
- Tours leave “Tallawah Springs” located in Koah approximately one hour west of Cairns.
- All riders must be able to operate a motorbike and have a current motorbike licence or learners licence.
- All gear and equipment is provided.
- Riders use Suzuki DRZ400E current models with electric start. All bikes are modified with bush bash plates, Renthal handlebars, side cover plates, bark busters and the ride suspension is set up for the trail conditions. Bikes are also fitted with long range fuel tanks.
What To Bring
- A small backpack with your change of clothes and personal items to carry on your back while riding. This backpack also must be able to hold your minimum two-litre hydration pack. You may want to also bring a bum-bag for your camera to make it easily accessible.
North Queensland Trail Bike Adventures is a truly professional and family owned company run by northern residents with extensive knowledge and experience.
We are passionate about the Australian Outback, the people, the places and the culture and are experienced travellers, campers, four-wheel-drivers and trail bikes enthusiasts.
We pride ourselves in providing you with extraordinary service giving you a unique memorable and personal adventure.
We run awesome enduro action fun tours and have found the perfect balance between challenging rides and having fun and experiencing the best trails in North Queensland.
We cover many different terrains while seeing stunning landscapes.
Whether you like flat open off-road or tight and technical single track trails and winding leafy trails through the rainforest, challenging hill climbs, hill descents, sandy trails, boggy mud, rocky tracks, plenty water crossings, we will deliver you an awesome off-road experience of a lifetime.
All the hard work of planning your trail bike adventure such as where to go, what to see, where to refuel, where to stay, have been taken care of by our team to ensure an unforgettable adventure.
Our base camp headquarters “Tallawah Springs” is situated on 20 acres of mosaic vegetation ranging from dry eucalypt woodlands to dense tropical rainforest with frontage on the Clohesy River – our little piece of paradise.
Terms & Conditions
For the tour a 10% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your booking. This deposit secures a place on the tour.
The final balance payment is due 45 days before the tour starts. If the total balance is not received 45 days before tour start, NQTBA reserves the right to treat this reservation as cancelled and charge the cancellation fee.
Cancelling after booking confirmation, but prior to your final payment, your 10% deposit is non-refundable.
If canceling after final payment has been received:
- More than 21 days prior to departure date – 75% is refunded.
- Between 21 and 14 days prior to departure date – 50% is refunded.
- Between 14 and 7 days prior to departure date – 25% is refunded.
- Less than 7 days prior to departure date – No refund.
UNUSED TOUR SECTORS
If a participant fails to join a tour or leaves prior to completion, no refunds can be made. No refunds will be made in respect of any part of the tour that are not used or undertaken.
Mechanical Difficulties – In the event of mechanical breakdown not caused by rider negligence, North Queensland Trail Bike Adventures will make every effort to provide repair or a replacement motorcycle to get you moving again to continue your tour.
RELEASE AND WAIVER, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY
Every participant of a tour operated by NQTBA is required to accept and sign a release and waiver, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement form of rights before tour starts.
NQTBA cannot accept any tour participant without a duly signed release and waiver, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement form.
By booking a guided tour you agree that you understand and agree to the indemnity release details summarised below, which the actual indemnity release form will be signed on the morning of the tour, which is between you and Trail Bike Adventures Pty Ltd, atf GM Family Trust T/A North Queensland Trail Bike Adventures.
You agree that you are participating entirely at your own risk and that you, your successors, executors and administrators will release, indemnify and not instigate any claim, demand or expense against The Company for any personal injury, loss of life or damage to personal property suffered during or subsequent to events on the tour.
The participant must acknowledge that any road whether sealed or unsealed, or any other venue upon which you travel, may have muddy, sandy or rocky surfaces with defects either hidden or exposed as is the nature of some roads.
You must agree to obey and observe all rules and directions given during a tour, whether given in writing or verbally by The Company and the The Company has the right to exclude you from any tour for non-adherence to any rule or direction given.
You must accept that you are permitted to take part in a tour on condition that you ride safely with due care and regard for other people and property.
You must acknowledge that motorcycle riding, can be dangerous and that participation in a tour organised and promoted by the Company may expose you to the possibility of injury or death and further, you must acknowledge that the way other people may ride, drive or act is outside the control of The Company.
You must acknowledge that there may be no, or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of participants if participants are injured.
You agree that you understand that travel insurance to cover all forms of personal injury, repatriation or costs in the event of death is essential and it is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate cover.
You agree to wear appropriate motorcycle safety equipment at all times and that you are medically fit to undertake a motorcycle tour.
You must agree that you have read and understand the summary indemnity release, full version signed upon morning of departure of tour, and agree that participation in a guided tour is entirely at your own risk.
MOTORCYCLE HIRE DAMAGE SECURITY DEPOSIT
The renter of the hire motorcycle is liable for ALL damages to the bike.
We require a Damage Security deposit of $1000 bond to be made before departure and you must have a current motorcycle licence.
This money is refundable upon the safe return of your hire motorcycle provided no major damage caused by theft, accident or negligence has occurred to the motorcycle.
If damage and repair costs amount to less than your deposit then the difference between the repairs cost and the deposit will be refunded.
If the damages are over the $1000, then you will be liable to pay the additional costs.
Repair costs also include the transportation and handling costs, if any, of an accident-damaged motorcycle to the final destination of the motorcycle tour.
All prices are in Australian (AUD) Dollars and include 10% GST.
The Damage Security Deposit is processed on your credit card, Visa/Mastercard only, upon commencement of the tour.
OUR SUPPORT VEHICLE
Our modern, air conditioned Mitsubishi Canter 4×4 dual cab, 6 seater vehicle is equipped with fuel, water, tools, spares, Sat phone, comprehensive first aid kit and all the necessary off-road equipment.
Our guides are trained in first aid and are equipped with first aid supplies and satellite phone for any necessary first aid attention. You will be briefed on conditions daily of expected itinerary.
Before every tour begins, your motorcycle tour leader will give each participant a briefing about local speed limits, signage, and other applicable traffic regulations.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to adhere to all traffic regulations. All local road rules must be complied with.
- Participants must hold a valid motorcycle licence.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Participants must be aware of traffic, road conditions, weather and other motorcyclists.
- Participants understand that motorcycling is a dangerous activity and are aware of these risks and fully accepts these risks, and are solely responsible for for keeping their motorcycle under control, selecting proper speeds and adhering to state laws.
- Participants are solely responsible for their choice of riding style and speed selection even when following a motorcycle tour guide in convoy formation with other motorcyclists.
- Participants ride at his/her own risk and are legally liable for injury or damage to fellow participants or other road users, whether being lead by the motorcycle leader or otherwise.
- Participants must follow the directions of the motorcycle leader at all times.
- The motorcycle tour leader reserves the right to terminate a rider’s motorcycle tour if he considers the rider is unsafe either to himself/herself or to others, or for offensive behaviour, and thereby forfeiting the balance of the motorcycle tour.
NQTBA staff will use its best endeavours to protect and secure all baggage at all times. Remember you are in riding gear all day so few other clothes are needed (there are washing facilities along the way), space is minimal.
NQTBA highly recommends all participants take out travel insurance which offers cover while motorcycling off-road.
North Queensland Trail Bike Adventures, its Agents, Assigns and Contractors accept no responsibility for a customer’s failure to arrange appropriate cover.
We strongly recommend you cover yourself with travel insurance in case of accident and to ensure that if your personal circumstances change and you have to cancel, your costs are covered.
- Copy of current motorcycle licence or learners licence.
- Your credit card – Visa, MasterCard with the capacity of at least AUD$1000.
- Terms and Conditions must be read and accepted.
- Release and Waiver, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement must also be signed in person at the beginning of your tour. We will provide a copy for you to sign.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
North Queensland Trail Bike Adventures, its Agents, Assigns and Contractors accept no responsibility for and shall not be liable in respect of any loss, damage, alerations, delays or changes arising from circumstance outside its or its Contractors’ control, such as, but not solely, war or threat of war, riot, industrial dispute, civil strife, fire, adverse weather conditions, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disaster, technical transport problems, computer malfunction, cancellation of scheduled or charter airlines, closure or congestion of airports or ports, or financial failure of Contractors or departments.