Reef Sprinter – Low Isles Island & Lagoon
Get to Low Isles fast and avoid the crowds so you have more time to snorkel the lagoon or explore the spectacular island.
This new extended 3.5-hour Low Isles Great Barrier Reef tour explores a very protected part of the reef with a vast collection of corals and abundant fish species and green turtles swimming nearby in the clear Coral Sea.
One of only four permits to enter Low Isles, Reef Sprinter takes only small groups of up to 14 people.
Enjoy a guided snorkelling tour and a guided island walk where you can learn about the historic lighthouse and research station.
Avoid the crowds with the morning tour arriving on the island before everyone else and the afternoon tour landing while other visitors are leaving.
Even if snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef isn’t for you, you can experience the spectacular reef on a glass-bottom boat offering a window to another world.
This Low Isles Great Barrier Reef tour is great for the kids, providing an exciting 80km/h ride to and from the reef, a safe and easy location for snorkelling with plenty of underwater attractions.
There is also a toilet on the island for your convenience.
If windy Reef Sprinter can be an exciting boat ride that may not be suitable for the frail, very young, elderly, pregnant or people with bad backs.
Need To Know
- Bookings need to be made by 4pm the day prior to your tour.
- Low Isles Great Barrier Reef tours depart daily from the Reef Marina at:
- 8am – returning 11.30am;
- 1.30pm – returning 5pm;
- Check-in at the Reef Sprinter office at the Port Douglas marina 30 minutes prior to tour departure.
- Price includes all snorkelling equipment and instructions on use, wet suits and stinger suits when required, Environmental Marine Charge & bottle of water.
- BYO food.
- Use of the glass-bottom boat is free.
- Children minimum three to 14 years.
- All snorkelers are under trained lifeguard supervision.
- Personal snorkel instruction, flotation noodles and free prescription masks offered for your pleasure.
- You won’t get seasick as the speedboats avoid this motion.
- You can hire an underwater camera or Go-Pro at check-in so you don’t miss anything.
What To Bring
Steve and Cathy Sherwell started in the tourism industry in 1986 with a jet ski hire, parasailing and tube riding business at Lake Boga in Northern Victoria.
In 1994, they moved to Port Douglas to start Extra Action Watersports offering the same experiences for more than a decade before launching Reef Sprinter in 2005 to provide quick trips to the reef.
After building a second boat in 2011 due to popular demand, Steve and Cathy purchased a permit for the spectacular Third Sister Reef to operate half-day Outer Reef tours in 2013 and built one of the fastest snorkelling boats in Australia which now runs two Outer Reef trips daily.
Terms & Conditions
- Strict 24-hour 100 per cent cancellation policy.
- On days of high winds, our boats on the Great Barrier Reef are not suitable for bad backs, elderly, frail, young, pregnant.
- Tours subject to weather, tides and numbers permitting. Times subject to change.
- Adventures Port Douglas Terms & Conditions