Reef Sprinter – Low Isles Reef
Only 15 minutes to the beautiful Low Isles Reef, giving you 90 minutes to snorkel this amazing World Heritage green zone filled with marine life.
This part of The Great Barrier Reef is very protected and has a vast collection of corals and abundant fish species, with green turtles swimming nearby in the clear Coral Sea.
Even if snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef isn’t for you, you can experience the spectacular reef on a glass-bottom boat offering a window to another world.
This tour is great for the kids, providing an exciting 80km/h ride to and from the reef, a safe and easy location for snorkelling with plenty of underwater attractions and you’re back on dry land after a fantastic reef experience in a little over two hours.
Our exclusive mooring is located right on the reef’s edge and tours are limited to 14 so our friendly crew can help you have a fabulous day on the reef away from the crowds.
If windy Reef Sprinter can be an exciting boat ride that may not be suitable for the frail, very young, elderly, pregnant or people with bad backs.
Need To Know
- Bookings need to be made by 4pm the day prior to your tour.
- Tours depart daily from the Reef Marina at:
- 9am – returning 11.15am;
- 11am – returning 1.15pm;
- 1pm – returning 3.15pm; and
- 2pm – returning 4.15pm.
- Check-in 30 minutes prior to tour departure.
- Price includes all snorkelling equipment and instructions on use, wet suits and stinger suits when required, Environmental Marine Charge & bottle of water.
- Use of the glass-bottom boat is free.
- Children minimum five to 14 years.
- Toilet onboard.
- All snorkelers are under trained lifeguard supervision.
- Personal snorkel instruction, flotation noodles and free prescription masks offered for your pleasure.
- You won’t get seasick as the speedboats avoid this motion.
- You can hire an underwater camera or Go-Pro so you don’t miss anything.
What To Bring
Steve and Cathy Sherwell started in the tourism industry in 1986 with a jet ski hire, parasailing and tube riding business at Lake Boga in Northern Victoria.
In 1994, they moved to Port Douglas to start Extra Action Watersports offering the same experiences for more than a decade before launching Reef Sprinter in 2005 to provide quick trips to the reef.
After building a second boat in 2011 due to popular demand, Steve and Cathy purchased a permit for the spectacular Third Sister Reef to operate half-day Outer Reef tours in 2013 and built one of the fastest snorkelling boats in Australia which now runs two Outer Reef trips daily.
Terms & Conditions
- Strict 24-hour 100 per cent cancellation policy.
- On days of high winds, our boats on the Great Barrier Reef are not suitable for bad backs, elderly, frail, young, pregnant.
- Tours subject to weather, tides and numbers permitting. Times subject to change.
- Adventures Port Douglas Terms & Conditions