Out ‘n’ About Sportfishing – Half-Day Estuary & Inshore Reef
Extremely professional and fun fishing exploring the inshore reef and estuaries regardless of whether you’re a novice who needs some help or an experienced angler looking for a challenge.
Our friendly guides offer personalised service with a maximum of only six guests sharing each half day Fishing Charter Port Douglas.
Enjoy chasing the famed coral trout, nannygai and pelagic fish including Spanish mackerel, cobia, queenfish, trevally and tuna fishing on the fringing coastal reefs or else try the Port Douglas estuary to pull in an elusive barramundi, mangrove jack, fingermark, tarpon, blue salmon or queenfish.
Your friendly guide will be there to offer their expertise and amazing knowledge of the local ecosystem.
All ages and abilities are catered for and in addition to great live bait fishing, it’s also an opportunity for crocodile and bird spotting.
Treat yourself to the experience of soaking up the beautiful surrounds of Port Douglas while wetting a line.
Need To Know
- Bookings need to be made by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Tours run from 8am-12pm & 12.30pm-4.30pm daily.
- Tours depart from and return to the public jetty in Port Douglas, situated on Ashford Avenue, behind St Mary’s by the Sea Church.
- Live bait, top quality gear, refreshments, insect repellent and wet weather gear supplied.
- We encourage catch and release in the estuary systems.
Tessa and Syd have lived and breathed boats, the ocean and fishing their whole lives.
Both are qualified skippers and keen fishermen/women and this business has given them the platform to do what they love every day.
They now get to share their local knowledge and passion for fishing and boating with visitors to the region.
Although Tessa still loves to get a line wet, since having their daughter Pearl, she runs the logistical side of the business while Syd is hands on pulling in the big ones.
The custom-built vessel Reel Therapy is designed for speed, comfort and stability to get you to your desired destination fast for maximum fishing time.
Whether it’s the inshore reefs, a quick trip to the Low Isles or cruising the estuary systems, parents can relax while on-board the Stabicraft 609 Frontier designed with high sides to keep the little ones safe.
Terms & Conditions
- All tours are subject to weather conditions.
- Guests are charged 100 per cent of tour cost for charters cancelled within 24 hours of departure.