Tony’s Tropical Tours – Daintree Rainforest-Cape Tribulation
Get to meet the wildlife, learn about the amazing diversity of the Daintree and enjoy a refreshing dip in a rainforest stream washed down with a hearty lunch.
Learn everything about the Daintree Rainforest from local geology to ancient megafauna and rainforest ecosystem biology with good-humoured guides who help you appreciate the richness of the World Heritage-listed environment.
The tour has been designed for nature lovers to showcase the very best of the Daintree Rainforest on an exclusive wilderness experience in a small friendly group.
Think pristine streams weaving through dense unexplored terrain and keep going.
Enjoy, be inspired, be amazed, get involved and have fun while unlocking some of the treasures hidden in this ancient rainforest, visiting iconic landmarks as well as exclusive and private rainforest locations.
First stop is the renowned Mossman Gorge for an introduction to this unique World Heritage area, then onto the Daintree River to join a river cruise to observe the amazing diversity of wildlife including crocs and migratory birds.
Cross the river deeper into this prehistoric rainforest and stop to appreciate the spectacular views on the way to Cape Tribulation, the only place in the world where two World Heritage-listed areas meet.
And neither the Daintree Rainforest or Great Barrier Reef will leave you wondering about their beauty.
The next stop is at Noah Valley, a World Heritage-listed private property which supports some of the most spectacular, pristine rainforest found anywhere in the world.
Take a stroll along “The Gateway To Paradise” and view one of the most primitive flowering plants in existence before enjoying a refreshing swim in the crystal clear rainforest stream while the barbecue lunch is prepared in a private retreat surrounded by ancient rainforest.
Noah Valley is acknowledged as a ‘refugium’ where plant species have survived undisturbed for millions of years with numerous species not known to exist anywhere else.
The interpretive guided walk explains how all living parts of the Daintree Rainforest depend on each other for survival.
For a refreshing finish to the day and if time permits, you can indulge in a homemade treat from the Daintree Ice Cream Company on the way home.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Tours are not suitable for children under the age of eight unless on a private charter.
- This tour is not suitable to people with limited mobility or that require a walking aid/assistance.
- 7.20am tour pick up from Port Douglas accommodation returns between 4-4.30pm.
- 8.20am tour pick up from Port Douglas accommodation returns between 5-5.30pm.
- Guests can choose between the two departure options but must be aware that their preferred one may not be available. A pick up time will be given on confirmation.
- We do not pick up further south than Thala Beach Nature Reserve and do not pick up from Silky Oaks Lodge but can assist with other transfer arrangements to a suitable pick-up point.
- Please advise of any dietary requirements.
- This tour is proudly Advanced Ecotourism Certified.
- Insect repellent, raincoats, umbrellas, use of binoculars, reference books and a great day’s adventure provided.
- Private charters for small or large groups available on request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimwear & Towel
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Small amount of cash for optional Daintree ice-cream
Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may not be available on occasions owing to excessive seasonal rains.
Tony’s Tropical Tours is 100 per cent locally owned and family operated.
We are committed to the environment and dedicated to providing our guests with an unrushed, private, unique rainforest experience and the best in personal service.
Our goal is to present guests with an enjoyable and inspiring journey, while creating a better understanding of the Daintree Rainforest area.
Our vision has always been to present tours with small groups that have very little impact on the environment while sharing its beauty.
All our tour guides have extensive knowledge of the Daintree Rainforest and share invaluable experiences in botany, wildlife, bushwalking, birding and photography.
We are passionate about the rainforest and our attention to detail, privacy and VIP treatment.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation Policy – a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for a full refund or 100% cancellation fee applies. No Shows are subject to a 100% cancellation.
- Dates can be changed with 24 hours notice only if there is availability on your next preferred date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour should we find it unsafe to travel on the day or if the rivers/creeks are in flood or if the Daintree Ferry is not operating due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should we find that road conditions are unsafe.
- Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may on occasions not be available owing to excessive seasonal rain.