Akula Sportfishing – Inshore Reef Half-Day Share Charter
$160 each (Up to 5 Guests)
Enjoy some of the best inshore coastal reef fishing in comfort.
Reach some of the best coastal inshore fishing spots on the Great Barrier Reef with a family-owned company that has been operating charters out of Port Douglas for more than 25 years.
Expect to use techniques like bottom fishing, trolling, drift fishing, jigging, popping, and spinning, based on the species you’re targeting. Speaking of which, you’ll be fishing for the likes of Coral Trout, Cobia, Sweetlip, Queenfish, Trevally, and Nannygai, depending on the specific season and the day’s weather.
- Coral Trout
- Spanish Mackerel
- Mangrove Jack
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Departs from Cystalbrook Marina
- Half-Day Private Charters – Morning 8am-12pm Afternoon 12.30pm-4.30pm
- All fishing equipment, bait & tackle and sunscreen provided
- Catch & release
- Drinks (non-alcoholic) provided
- Sun protective clothing, hat, sunglasses
- Lunch, snacks, Camera
Family-owned Akula Sportfishing has been operating fishing charters in Port Douglas since 1998.
AKULA is a 7.2 metre Marlin Broadbill catamaran providing a fast, stable and comfortable ride to the best fishing and reef destinations from Port Douglas’ Great Barrier Reef.
Renowned for its comfort and stability, the enclosed hard top canopy keeps our adventurers out of the sun and/or the harsh weather and features a lockable cabin with the added convenience of an onboard toilet.
AKULA is powered with twin engines offering a fast, comfortable and reliable ride to our unique destinations and we have a range in excess of 500km.
AKULA has been fitted with top of the line safety gear along with the reliable and accurate Garmin and Furuno electronics as well as a stereo system.
- All bookings are secured with a 30% deposit and cancellations within 72 hours incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- All trips are subject to weather, and we reserve the right to transfer to coastal reef/estuary alternatives.
- Adventures Port Douglas Terms & Conditions
Great value and you’re in the best hands with Skipper/Owner Jason sharing his knowledge and passion for fishing on the Great Barrier Reef.