MV Monsoon – Private Day Charter
Charter from $4300 (up to 10 passengers)
Enjoy an amazing day filled with snorkeling or diving the reef’s jewelled coral gardens, luxuriating in the simple perfection of exploring your own sand cay or amping up the adrenaline with an action-packed sport fishing adventure.
MV Monsoon is an affordably luxury reef charter vessel operating tailored itineraries for up to 10 guests to idyllic
destinations on the northern Great Barrier Reef in classic Port Douglas style.
Your Monsoon crew combine enthusiasm & generosity with professional knowledge & a deep commitment to your safety, to ensure you dive headfirst into an unforgettable day of sea, salt & sand adventures.
MV Monsoon enjoys ready access to the inner and outer ribbon reef, continental islands, sand cays, serene lagoons, as well as deep diving sites and fishing hotspots.
Less than half an hour steam out through the heads, and you are snorkelling with sea turtles or visiting the historic lighthouse at Low Isles, while cruising a few minutes further north will take you to Snapper Island.
Head off into the infinite blue for whale spotting or to hook the catch of the day.
MV Monsoon is a 54 ft classically modern styled custom built vessel in survey built for comfort both on the sea,
and onboard, featuring the latest in marine design along with exceptional quality in her fittings.
Enjoy the comfort of a spacious main saloon, galley, master suite, two twin share cabins, day head and guest bathroom.
Enjoy your luxury reef charter cruise from the protection of the main aft deck, or savour panoramic views from the flybridge.
MV Monsoon is all yours for the day, so play to your hearts’ content.
Need to know
- Bookings required at least 7 days prior to charter.
- Overnight charter available.
- Up to 12 guests.
- Professional & enthusiastic crew.
- Tailored itinerary of adventure with full use of the boat’s facilities.
- Guided snorkeling with all equipment, lycra stinger suits, flotation devices and interpretive reef talk included.
- Light tackle & sportfishing gear & tuition included.
- Gourmet lunch, canapes, cheese & fruits + non-alcoholic beverages included.
- GBR environmental management fee included.
What to Bring
Terms & Conditions
- Should a luxury reef charter be cancelled, 10% deposit is forfeited.
- Should a charter be cancelled within 48 hours of departure, the full charter cost is forfeited.
- This cancellation policy applies unless there are exceptional circumstances which are dealt with by Company management on a case-by-case basis.
- Should Closehaven Pty Ltd be unable to provide a vessel for use during the intended charter period, the Company reserves the right to be able to cancel the charter, at which time all deposits will be refunded. In the event of such a cancellation, Closehaven Pty Ltd is not liable for any costs or damage incurred by the Hirer as a result of the cancellation.
- Reef and fishing charters are subject to the discretion of both Company management and your Captain, as well as weather conditions and availability.
- Please note that refunds will only be offered if the Captain of the vessel deems it unsafe to proceed with a charter.
- Adventures Port Douglas & Daintree Terms & Conditions.