Back Country Bliss Adventures – River Drift Snorkel
Step into the cool, crystal clear water and drift with the current as you explore life under the water’s surface within the rainforest.
If you love nature and the water, then snorkeling Port Douglas has never been so much fun.
Watch fish dart in and around the river stones and keep your eyes out for the occasional turtle.
This family-friendly tour is the perfect way to keep cool in the hot tropics and is a great introduction to snorkelling before heading out to the reefs.
Even small children can journey down the river on large river sleds.
Used as the location for the Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg series The Pacific, this amazing eco-immersion adventure is a must-try.
Sometimes it is fast and exciting, other times slow and relaxing.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Pick up and drop off at Port Douglas accommodation. Transfers arranged upon request for all other locations.
- Tours depart 9am & 1.30pm (peak season) Monday to Saturday.
- Suitable for all ages in the dry season and strong swimmers in the wet.
- Low/medium fitness level required.
- All snorkelling gear and wetsuit required.
What To Bring
- Swimmers for under the wetsuit
Back Country Bliss Adventures is a family run business, specialising in small group adventures. We offer a range of activities to suit all travellers:
Imagine drifting down a crystal-clear rainforest river, searching for the elusive platypus, turtles or river fish below, while electric blue Butterflies flutter above.
Join a Daintree Adventure Day through the oldest rainforest in the world, as we search for Cassowaries, fly through the canopy with Jungle Surfing and look for crocodiles on a Daintree River wildlife cruise.
Let us help you experience the hidden wonders of Tropical North Queensland.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation Policy – a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for a full refund or 100 per cent cancellation fee applies. No Shows are subject to a 100 per cent cancellation.
- Dates can be changed with 24 hours notice only if there is availability on your next preferred date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour should we find it unsafe to travel on the day or if the rivers/creeks are in flood or if the Daintree Ferry is not operating due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should we find that road conditions are unsafe.
- Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may on occasions not be available owing to excessive seasonal rain.