Foaming Fury – Half Day Rafting Barron River
Fun, exciting and exhilarating introduction to white water rafting taking in the rainforest views of the breathtaking Barron Gorge National Park.
Can you tame the rapids of Barron Gorge National Park?
The Barron River Half Day Tour is suitable for all the family (minimum age 12 years). Enjoy up to two hours rafting, on up to grade 3 rapids.
The beautiful Barron Gorge National Park is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, the mighty Barron Falls and of course, Barron Gorge, which has been carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
This is a scenic rafting/rainforest adventure which combines calm water floating with a series of white water rapids for adventure and action.
Our rafts carry up to seven passengers plus your river guide. No experience necessary and water levels are guaranteed year round.
Need To Know
- Bookings need to be made by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Port Douglas pickup from accommodation at approximately 1.15pm – return 6.30pm.
- Minimum age to participate is 12 years.
- Minimum eight persons to operate.
- All participants will be required to sign a liability release form prior to the trip commencing. The Mulgrave River may be used for half day rafting tours, when the Barron River is not available due to river levels or other reasons.
- Additional $30 per passenger Rafting Levy cash payment direct to Foaming Fury on day of tour required.
- Leave all jewellery and valuables at your accommodation.
What To Bring
- Swimming costume under your clothes.
- Large towel.
- Money for rafting levy (cards accepted), souvenirs and snacks.
- Change of clothes.
- Water resistant sunscreen.
- $5 for shoe hire or bring secure footwear – lace up shoes or reef sandals that will get wet.
Terms & Conditions
Liability Release Form
Every participant must sign a Liability Release Form prior to commencing rafting and some packages.
Passengers under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf.
Please note that some medical conditions, disabilities and impairments may exclude participants from rafting for safety reasons, e.g. pregnancy and serious vision impairments. Passengers should disclose any medical condition, disabilities and impairments at time of booking.
Pay on Board Levy
Pay on board raft levy is a non commissionable component of our retail price which we require to be paid direct to Foaming Fury.
50% refund within 48 hours of departure. NO refund within 24 hours of departure.