Nautilus Aviation – Undine Sand Cay Helisnorkel
Explore the magnificent Great Barrier Reef from the air before seeing it up close snorkelling on a remote sand cay.
One of our most brag-worthy experiences in Port Douglas and the ultimate escape!
Departing Port Douglas in your private charter helicopter, soak in breathtaking aerial views extending from the tropical rainforest clad coastline and across the azure waters of the Coral Sea before an exhilarating touchdown on idyllic Undine Cay, a jewel in the heart of Australia’s World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef.
Your highly skilled pilot will share their local knowledge of the region while on the lookout for Turtles, Dolphins, Manta Rays, large schools of pelagic fish and even majestic Humpback Whales (Jul-Sep).
For the next 2 hours you can leave the world behind. Relax in the shallows, enjoy the sand between your toes or snorkel the pristine coral reef waters surrounding this secluded tropical paradise.
A gourmet picnic hamper* with sparkling wine served under your private beach umbrella tops off this unique, once in a lifetime experience!
Need To Know
- Booking enquiries need to be made 24 hours before tour departure.
- The preferred date/time of booking enquiry is subject to availability.
- Pick-Up/Drop-Off available for Port Douglas accommodation.
- Flights depart from adjacent to Sheraton Mirage Country Club on Port Douglas Rd.
- Minimum two passengers required.
- Tour duration approximately two hours.
- Sun shelter, picnic blanket and beach chairs provided.
- Valid 1st April till 31st August – Restricted Season due to bird breeding.
- 40 minutes flying time (20 minutes Reef-Scenic Flight each way)
- Modern, air-conditioned helicopters
- 2 hours at Undine Cay
- Gourmet picnic hamper with sparkling wine
- Beach chairs and umbrella
- Snorkelling equipment
- Protective lycra suit for summer months
- Inflight commentary
- Headsets with voice activated microphones
- Return vehicle transfers to/from Port Douglas accommodation
What To Bring
- Swimming costume
- Sunglasses – polarised recommended for best viewing
- Hat, towel, sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended)
- A dry change of clothes including a jumper in winter
Terms & Conditions
- Undine Sand Cay & Vlasoff Sand Cay are public cays which cannot be reserved as such. If it is already occupied on the day of travel, either by another aviation operator or passengers from a vessel, due to safety regulations we are not permitted to land. Our alternative beach landing site in Port Douglas is Castaways Beach and in Cairns is Turtle Beach. Both are idyllic beaches backed by rainforest, but without reef (& therefore not a snorkelling spot). Please be advised no refund will be issued if the sites are occupied. We prefer to offer early morning departures (around 7:30am) as this decreases the chance of the cay already being occupied. Weekends, Public and School Holidays increase the chance of others occupying the cay & are recommended avoiding if possible.
- We require sea tides to be below 2.1m in order to land on the sandy cay.
Passenger Weight Policy
Due to Aviation Weight Restrictions a client’s body and luggage weight must be advised prior to the reservation being confirmed. Should a client advise a weight variance of more than 10%, the right is reserved to refuse travel and charge a 100% cancellation fee.
Cancellations by the client must be made 24 hours prior to the flight to receive a 100% refund. If Nautilus Aviation has to cancel due to unforseen circumstances the client will receive a 100% refund for the cancelled flights.
Passenger names, accurate individual bodyweights and other requests are required at the time of booking.
Nautilus Aviation reserves the right to cancel flights due to inclement weather which will be at the pilot’s discretion. Flight paths may vary due to Air Traffic Control or inclement weather. A full refund is applicable if Nautilus Aviation cancel due to weather.
Nautilus Aviation reserves the right to cancel flights due to inclement weather, the pilot makes the final decision regarding the continuation of any flight and may terminate the flight at any time if he/she deems it unsafe to proceed. Flight paths may vary due to Air Traffic Control or inclement weather. In cases where the chief pilot in command deems weather unsuitable for the flight or an aircraft is unserviceable a full refund would be applicable.
Child and Infant Policy
Children are defined as being aged between 3-13 years. One (1) infant under their 3rd birthday may travel free of charge if seated on a guardian’s lap. A maximum of one infant per helicopter may travel as per CASA regulations. For additional infants please email a detailed enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to the ticket price. In such cases any charge will be collected on departure.