Port Douglas Tropical Trips – Daintree & Cape Tribulation
Enjoy a fun day out exploring the Daintree Rainforest with a friendly local guide to show you the ancient wonders of the tropics.
Your day starts at 8am, leaving Port Douglas for Mossman Gorge nestled in the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park to explore the Daintree Rainforest.
The Daintree rainforest contains the oldest surviving rainforest in the world and makes for a remarkable unique experience.
Sample billy tea and damper for morning tea then settle back for the very scenic drive from Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation, along the“Great Barrier Reef Drive”, where two World Heritage areas meet in our very comfortable
seven-seat Mercedes Benz.
Enjoy an hour cruising the Daintree River with a renowned operator whose knowledge of local fauna and flaura and of course crocodiles is unsurpassed.
We cross the river on the Daintree car ferry, then up to the Alexandria Look Out, where we see the breath taking view of where the rainforest truly meets the mighty Great Barrier Reef.
A catered tropical BBQ lunch, as well as local in season fruits, and refreshments at the most beautiful, secluded, absolutely private waterhole, where we can also swim in the crystal clear water.
Continue our drive up to Cape Tribulation itself for a leisurely stroll along the rainforest bordered white sandy beach, where you can witness two world heritage listed sites side by side in perfect harmony.
Enjoy a hot beverage and afternoon tea at the Cape Trib Beach House. Last of all a stop at the Daintree Ice-Cream Factory for their most delicious ice-cream, made from local tropical fruits of the forest.
Then its home sweet home to get you back to Port Douglas at approximately 5.30pm.
Need To Know
- Bookings need to be made by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- We pick you up from your Port Douglas accommodation around 8am.
- Morning and afternoon tea, lunch and refreshments provided.
- Towel, sunscreen and water provided.
- Binoculars and reference books provided.
- Umbrellas and raincoats provided.
- Insect repellant provided.
What To Bring
- Sense of Adventure
Your Tropical Far North Queensland experience should be enjoyable, informative and, most of all, memorable.
When choosing your trip, go with the people who give you personalised, local knowledge, and service that strives to offer that “little bit extra”.
We cater for individual needs offering unique personal touring in luxury vehicles.
Terms & Conditions
- Our Tour in the Daintree Rainforest is not recommended for children under 10 years of age.
- Whilst we will always endeavour to for fill all our commitments, please be aware there may be certain situations beyond our control and that we may have to alter or cancel your tour: e.g.: weather, tides, flooded waterways for swimming or road conditions. And we do realise things do happen and you may have to cancel, if 24 hours prior to travel no fee and 50% is refundable within 12 hours.