Tony’s Tropical Tours – Bloomfield Falls-Daintree Rainforest-Cape Tribulation
The ultimate off-road Daintree Rainforest experience where nature and adventure blend perfectly.
Travel beyond the end of the sealed road and explore the Daintree Rainforest plants on a four-wheel-drive adventure of incredible beauty.
Start the day with a Daintree River cruise and a stop at spectacular Alexandra Lookout before morning tea at Cape Tribulation where a walk to the Kulki Lookout offers unsurpassed views of the rainforest and beach – the only place in the world where two World Heritage areas meet.
Travel further north to start our off road journey along the Bloomfield Track through some of the most picturesque and remote wilderness region of the Daintree/Cape Tribulation National Park.
The spectacular lookouts and natural creek crossings can be a challenge at times after seasonal rains, but untouched coastal scenery is the reward highlighted by a stop along the way to view one of the most untouched, pristine and remote beaches at Stingray Bay.
Further along, you can view Aboriginal rock art on the short trek to your destination Bloomfield Falls, a spectacular sheer drop roaring life into the river below.
After a short break, we return to Cape Tribulation and follow on to Noah Valley, a World Heritage Listed private property which supports some of the most spectacular, pristine rainforest found anywhere in the world.
Take a stroll along “The Gateway To Paradise” and view one of the most primitive flowering plants in existence before enjoying a refreshing swim in the crystal clear rainforest stream while the barbecue lunch is prepared in a private retreat surrounded by ancient rainforest.
Noah Valley is acknowledged as a ‘refugium’ where plant species have survived undisturbed for millions of years with numerous species not known to exist anywhere else.
The interpretive guided walk explains how all living parts of the Daintree Rainforest depend on each other for survival.
For a refreshing finish to the day if time permits, you can indulge in a homemade treat from the Daintree Ice Cream Company on the way home.
This is one experience definitely worth getting out of bed early for.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Tours are not suitable for children under the age of eight unless on a private charter.
- This tour is not suitable to people with limited mobility or that require a walking aid/assistance.
- 7.15am tour pick up from Port Douglas accommodation returns between 6.15-7pm.
- We do not pick up further south than Port Douglas but can assist with other transfer arrangements to a suitable pick-up point.
- Tours must be reconfirmed the afternoon before departure as localised flooding may impact access on four-wheel-drive track. Adventures Port Douglas will notify you if your booking is affected.
- There is approximately two-and-a-half hours of off road driving with no toilets along the way in one stretch.
- Thongs are not advisable as you will be walking on a dry river bed and over small uneven surfaces as well as rocks of all sizes. Runners or flat sandals are fine.
- Please advise of any dietary requirements.
- This tour is proudly Advanced Ecotourism Certified.
- Insect repellent, raincoats, umbrellas, use of binoculars, reference books and a great day’s adventure provided.
- Private charters for small or large groups available on request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimwear & Towel
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Small amount of cash for optional Daintree ice-cream
Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may not be available on occasions owing to excessive seasonal rains.
Tony’s Tropical Tours is 100 per cent locally owned and family operated.
We are committed to the environment and dedicated to providing our guests with an unrushed, private, unique rainforest experience and the best in personal service.
Our goal is to present guests with an enjoyable and inspiring journey, while creating a better understanding of the Daintree Rainforest area.
Our vision has always been to present tours with small groups that have very little impact on the environment while sharing its beauty.
All our tour guides have extensive knowledge of the Daintree Rainforest and share invaluable experiences in botany, wildlife, bushwalking, birding and photography.
We are passionate about the rainforest and our attention to detail, privacy and VIP treatment.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation Policy – a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for a full refund or 100% cancellation fee applies. No Shows are subject to a 100% cancellation.
- Dates can be changed with 24 hours notice only if there is availability on your next preferred date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour should we find it unsafe to travel on the day or if the rivers/creeks are in flood or if the Daintree Ferry is not operating due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should we find that road conditions are unsafe.
- Swimming is in a rainforest stream and may on occasions not be available owing to excessive seasonal rain.