Shaolin Port Douglas – Great Barrier Reef Adventure
Unleash your inner pirate on our unique Chinese Junk Shaolin offering an unforgettable day where getting there is half the fun.
The Shaolin Port Douglas is an original handcrafted masterpiece built in Hong Kong in 1969.
Her colourful history includes two round the world circumnavigations and many years of introducing adventurous holidaymakers to the blue lagoon of Low Isles.
Abundant green turtles and marine life are waiting to be discovered at Shaolin’s exclusive mooring surrounded by spectacular large coral gardens.
Her unique charm caters for up to 23 guests and features ample space to relax and indulge in the magnificence of the Great Barrier Reef from the top deck and lounge area.
Explore the reef with less crowds and a greater sense of adventure.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Boarding from the Reef Marina, C Finger from 7.50am for an 8am departure, arriving at Low Isles at approximately 10am.
- Set sail for home from Low Isles at 2.30pm, arriving back at the Reef Marina at 4pm.
- Guided snorkelling tours and snorkel lessons included.
- Delicious meals, water, snorkelling equipment and protection suits included.
- Our tours are most suitable for children 3 years and above due to the open nature of the vessel however we happily take younger children.
- We cannot take prams on board and our tour is not suitable for those that are frail or restricted mobility.
- Yummy vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals can be arranged. Please advise at the time of booking.
- While we don’t offer private transfers, we can arrange pick ups for you with one of the reliable local shuttle services that can collect you to from your resort accommodation to The Reef Marina, where our vessel is located, just request at the time of booking.
- Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 per person included in tour cost.
What To Bring
- Cash for additional onboard purchases (EFTPOS available)
- Sense of adventure
The Shaolin Port Douglas is owned and operated by the Bickford Family who have been locals for over 30 years and purchased the historic Shaolin in February 2016.
Flynn is operations manager, host and deckhand, while Skye takes care of bookings, accounts and marketing.
With three boys that all love the water, they are proving to be junior skippers in training.