Windswell – Intro Kite Lesson
$50 person (minimum 2 or $100)
Learn all the moves you need to master any kite sport while having plenty of fun on the sand with a small trainer kite.
Anyone can learn how to fly kitesurfing once we teach you the mastery of the wind window, the key to understanding the elements to make your next step a breeze.
Even better, a friend can join you on the Intro Kite Lesson FOR FREE.
You will not find a more spectacular kitesurfing classroom than the southern end of Four Mile Beach and our instructors ensure there’s plenty of laughs while you’re learning.
- Equipment and location considerations;
- safety and de-power systems;
- wind window awareness;
- parking vs power strokes;
- flying straight lines; and
- kite loops and handle passes.
No matter what kitesurfing level you’re at, we can help you get higher, faster, better, and have more fun doing it.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to lesson.
- Lessons are held at the southern end of Four Mile Beach in front of Four Mile Park off Barrier St.
- A second person can join you for the lesson for free. For extras it is $50 per person up to 10 people.
- All required gear is included.
- Option to purchase your own trainer kite for $219.
- Lesson takes 1-2 hours.
- Scheduled lesson times 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.
Bretto Wright – Founder & Instructor
Bretto has been kite surfing since 1999 when he brought one of the first ever leading edge inflatables or wipika kites that came into Australia.
Bretto has a rich history of instructing all water sports and a passion for all types of surfing.
He is devoted to getting the right people at the best locations with the latest gear to score epic conditions.
Matty C – SUP Instructor
From sailing the Whitsundays as a youngster, Matty is no stranger to the wilds of the ocean.
Standing up on an old windsurfer to get ashore, it just seemed natural to him.
SUPing is now a fun new sport and a great way to see nature.
Matty is now loving life in the far north, always ready to show people the best spots for a personalised day on the reef or extreme paddling on the rainforest river that’s extremely relaxing.