Windswell – Learn to Kitesurf
Learn to kitesurf with the right equipment, the right skills and the right attitude to get you moving from the beach to your first jump on the water.
Looking for things to do Port Douglas.
Rig an inflatable kite and move straight off the beach to develop all the skills you need to fly.
With your kite hooked in and your body dragging technique honed you’re ready.
Using the right size kite for the conditions and your body weight you’ll learn rigging launching and landing letting go for depower and safety, water relaunching, self rescue and body dragging before the board.
Practice the skills learnt in your previous session, improve your kite control and upwind body dragging, master smooth board starts and ride like the wind.
More advanced riding techniques focusing on edge control, turning, stopping, staying upwind – and your first jump.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to lesson.
- Lessons are held at the southern end of Four Mile Beach in front of Four Mile Park off Barrier St.
- All required gear is included.
- Lessons 1 & 2 take up to two hours in groups of up to four.
- Lesson 3 is normally one-on-one and may take longer in groups up to four people to achieve competency.
- You can keep practising after your lesson or sign up for your next one.
- Lessons 1 & 2 run at 10am, midday and 2pm.
- Lesson 3 runs at 10am, 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
Bretto Wright – Founder & Instructor
Bretto has been kite surfing since 1999 when he brought one of the first ever leading edge inflatables or wipika kites that came into Australia.
Bretto has a rich history of instructing all water sports and a passion for all types of surfing.
He is devoted to getting the right people at the best locations with the latest gear to score epic conditions.
Matty C – SUP Instructor
From sailing the Whitsundays as a youngster, Matty is no stranger to the wilds of the ocean.
Standing up on an old windsurfer to get ashore, it just seemed natural to him.
SUPing is now a fun new sport and a great way to see nature.
Matty is now loving life in the far north, always ready to show people the best spots for a personalised day on the reef or extreme paddling on the rainforest river that’s extremely relaxing.