Dragon Lady Charters – Outer Reef Share Charter
Experience the Outer Great Barrier Reef with the reef fishing experts in comfort aboard Dragon Lady.
Jump on board with the Dragon Lady Port Douglas crew aboard their 48-foot Westcoaster for some of the best Outer Reef Fishing in Far North Queensland.
With over 35 years local fishing experience, Skipper Steve Adamson and friendly crew aim to provide you with a fun-filled day on the Great Barrier Reef.
Small numbers ensures quality service inclusive of rod/reels, handlines, lunches, soft beverage, EMC tax – no more to pay.
Depending on the conditions we normally travel 20-25 miles to the expansive outer reef systems on our reef fishing expeditions.
Travelling time to our chosen destination can vary from 50 minutes to 80 minutes.
Targeted species during the course of the day can include: Coral Trout, Nannygai, Red Emperor, Trevally and Mackerel species, Cobia, Reef Mangrove Jack, Sweetlip, Cod species amongst a host of others.
$275 PER PERSON
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- All fishing gear, live and local bait, lures and insect repellent provided.
- Your day includes a light tropical lunch and refreshments. Alcohol is BYO.
- Trips run from 8.30am to 4.30pm. There will be a deck hand on board to clean and bag the fish for you should you choose to keep legal catches.
- Departure from Port Douglas Marina, 44 Wharf St.
- BYO alcohol (cans only)
- Our operation has a standard 48 hour 100% cancellation policy on all shared reef charters. If you do not contact us wishing to cancel within 48 hours of your travel date start time, credit cards can be charged as per our discretion.
- Please note if we cancel due to bad weather no charge will apply. In this case you will be notified by the phone with the contact numbers you forward.
- Adventures Port Douglas & Daintree Terms & Conditions
Designed and built with comfort, space and practicality in mind, a cruising speed of 19 knots gets you out to the outer reef where the fishing grounds are teeming with fish life. This vessel has a maximum capacity of 12 passengers on shared reef fishing trips and features a spacious air conditioned wheelhouse and massive covered rear sportfishing platform as well as toilet.
Steve Adamson (owner & skipper)
Master V & MED II certified
Steve has over 35yrs experience of working in the fishing industry both commercially and recreationally. His knowledge of the local area is second to none and is highly respected amongst the fishing fraternity. He is considered the best Reef Fishing skipper in the region by many. He enjoys all facets of the charter business but does personally enjoy the challenge of tackling the big Black Marlin during the heavy tackle season. His hobbies include travelling overseas to visit new places.
Lui Smith (skipper & deckhand)
Master V & MED II certified
Lui is a local product being born and bred up in Cairns fishing the local waters at every opportunity. His hobbies include fishing for Barra and Jungle Perch in the rivers which he’s done since a young boy, and now his job is his favourite pastime. He loves the challenge of fishing for Black & Blue Marlin and backing down the boat on a big fish (personal best 1100lb as skipper). Outside of fishing, Scuba Diving is one of his favourite things to do.
Paul “Freddy” Corrigan (skipper)
Master V & MED II certified
Freddy has had a very strong background in the local fishing scene having fished with Peter Todd out of Cairns on the Aquacat fishing charter for 10yrs. Freddy joined our team in 2015 and has skippered the 48ft vessel with great success. He prides himself in being able to produce quality catches and works tirelessly to do so when on charter. Outside of fishing and being an ex-Newcastle product he enjoys a spot of surfing and has had a strong basketball prodigy (US College) which he also enjoys.
Mitch Park (skipper & deckhand)
Master V certified
Mitch has been with Dragon Lady since the beginning of 2016. Mitch grew up on the Bayside of Brisbane and North Straddie. He fished the beach and bay all his life and has now a new found passion for fishing the Great Barrier Reef. Newly certified with is Master V ticket Mitch will also be part of our skippering team. He has had 6 years of boat building experience. He loves boating, camping, fishing and surfing.
Fraser Allen (trainee apprentice)
Fraser is a local lad who is mad keen on fishing, in fact that’s all he does when he’s not sleeping. He is currently doing a traineeship under the guidance of Steve which will one day see him with skippering tickets. Fraser is a very capable angler in all facets of angling from fishing for barra in our local rivers to chasing down the bigger fish on the open waters. He also has a big passion for spear fishing often doing extended trips up to the Ribbon Reefs with family and friends.
Lynton Heffer (Managing Agent)
Lynton also known locally known as ‘Heff’, has been with the Dragon Lady business since 2003. His role is to look after the bookings and general sales and marketing of the business. Heff has a strong fishing background being owner of the local Line Burner fishing magazine, President of the Port Douglas Marlin Challenge and also various media roles with the ABC radio and QLD Fishing monthly publication. He loves all forms of fishing, particularly fly fishing on Four Mile Beach and camping and fishing out bush. Outside interests include AFL football and nowadays a round of golf.
Hank Mannisto (co-owner)
- Hank has been involved with the business since 2010 and his main role is sourcing materials and parts and doing general maintenance of the boats. He’s passionate about his reef fishing and the well being of the business and its team. He really enjoys the company of the clients on the trips and is always up for a good chat. He loves it when we take the boats on extended trips for our own private fishing time such as the Port Douglas Marlin Challenge tournament.