Lady Douglas River Cruise
Go searching for estuarine crocodiles and other wildlife on an idyllic calm water river cruise through the mangrove forests around Port Douglas
Enjoy an exploration far up Dickson Inlet and a cruise to the inlet entrance with entertaining and informative commentary covering mangroves, crocodiles, local history of Port Douglas and all there is to know about the area.
Lady Douglas travels several kilometres through the unspoilt mangrove channels of Dickson Inlet where you can experience and learn about the fascinating estuarine habitat.
Crocodiles are normally seen on over 95% of trips, especially in the dry season (May-Nov).
Regular wildlife sightings also include; sea eagles, kites, ospreys, kingfishers, herons, waders, crabs, mud skippers, spiders and the occasion turtle.
Each river cruise passes through the scenic Port Douglas waterfront and harbour out into the mouth of the inlet showcasing stunning coastal views of the rainforest clad mountains and local islands.
This is the perfect location to enjoy the sunsets on our sunset cruise.
On Friday nights from June to November, enjoy local, live acoustic tunes as you meander along the waterfront, soaking up the night lights and ambience of the waterfront and the township.
NEED TO KNOW
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to cruise.
- Children 2-12 years. Children under 2 years travel free.
- Wheelchair and pram access.
- All cruises include complimentary drink and nibbles.
- Friday Night Live Music Cruise runs in peak season (June-Nov).
- Licensed bar and toilet on board.
MORNING CRUISE 10.30AM-12PM
MIDDAY CRUISE 12.30PM-2PM
AFTERNOON CRUISE 2.30PM-4PM
SUNSET CRUISE 4.30PM-6PM
EVENING CRUISE 6.30PM-7.30PM (FRI NIGHTS ONLY JUN-NOV)
SUNSET & EVENING CRUISE
$35 ALL PASSENGERS
- Family rates available on Sunset Cruise December-May
Lady Douglas is an iconic, handsome, stable riverboat that has been taking Port Douglas visitors on tours of the Dickson Inlet since 1989.
On board we have comfortable, covered seating, a licensed bar and galley, toilet, and room to stand and move around during your cruise.
She is an ideal nature viewing platform with protection from the elements.
Lady Douglas is a family run business , locally owned and operated by Kate and Lucas Agrums.
Kate is a life long local of Port Douglas and Lucas is a highly qualified skipper and engineer with extensive experience and knowledge of the surrounding area, Dickson’s Inlet and the local wildlife.
WHAT TO BRING
- Cash for bar purchases.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Cruises subject to weather conditions. Full refund provided if river cruise cancelled due to weather conditions.
- Cancellations non-refundable within 24 hours of booking.
- Adventures Port Douglas & Daintree Terms & Conditions.